Thread: Chewed Out
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 08:15 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
Bob, now that you mention it, I believe the wrapper below the top one in my pic above is a red Reggie.
I think you're right. Certainly wouldn't think of opening and eating one of those 1993 candy bars today. LOL

I do believe they included a single Clark/Upper Deck card of Reggie with each candy bar as well. UD produced a special three card set of Reggie cards that included the image of a Clark candy bar on the front of each card. And apparently there were 200 cards autographed by Reggie that were randomly inserted into the candy bars as well. Honestly didn't realize that before just now looking it all up. And hard to believe these unopened Reggie bars are almost 30 years old now.

So, think there's any chance I could get some TPG to slab and grade any of my dozen and a half unopened Reggie bars? LOL

Actually wonder if the cards are still worth anything. Did find the set listed in an old SCD catalog from 2011 showing the cards then valued at about $1 each, and an autographed card at $75. Interesting!!!