View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 09:52 AM
J@E R1T0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch206 View Post
Hello everyone. Glad I found this forum. I got back into collecting about a year ago after a 20ish year hiatus. I was collecting current players & some junk wax (my era) but quickly became bored with it and put the hobby down again.

However I've recently gotten into vintage and I can't even describe how much I'm enjoying it! I'm working on completing the Providence Grays T206 set. I then plan to move on to the Red Sox T206 set. Also have some 50s Ted Williams en route.
Welcome Mitch! Yours is a similar story to mine (and others). I too am collecting early Red Sox, Beaneaters, Doves, Braves, etc - all the early Boston players.

Two things inspired me:
1) I watched the documentary on baseball by Ken Burns again and really enjoyed reviewing the history of early baseball and the Boston teams, as well as the Royal Rooters. I collect those early World Series champions from any set that I can find a card, particularly focusing on the M101's.
2) Also, looking at the McGreevey photo collection donated to the Boston Library (posted on FLICKR) got me interested in many of the early players.

More than anything, have fun with what you are collecting. Some of us enjoy reading the SABR biographies of each player we buy a card of.

Love the late 1800’s Boston Beaneaters and the early Boston Red Sox (1903-1918)!

Also collecting any and all basketball memorabilia.