View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 07:30 AM
pete ullman

I don't think I have used the word "flip" as many times in my whole life as I have the last few days...it's starting to sound like "selfie" to me and is starting to sound really annoying!!!!!

On a more relevant note...I don't collect flips...while most of my collection is now graded...it is more for resale purposes.

SGC is by far my preferred grader of choice for my collection of keepers...I sometimes use PSA to sell...not to keep.

MY only sets are all sgc grraded...and while the visual appeal of the flip is important to me what's more important to me is the way the slabs fit together. PSA cards get "lost" in my sea of SGC slabs and I often "lose" them temporarily which is annoying.

MY whole beef in this thing is that I like SGC...they are a great bunch of guys...and do the best job in the TPG business in my opinion. So I would want a company that I like...and use...to have a an aesthetically pleasing slab to represent their high quality service.

Additionally I am a fan and advocate of good design...in all aspects of my life...I cringe when I see poorly designed logos...products especially coming from big companies with the means to do better.

This is my gripe...SGC can and should put forth a better flip than the initial one proposes...ie Joe G's flip.