Thread: Hard Core PAWN
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 12:17 AM
D@n Di.Pao.la

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I was watching good old HARD CORE PAWN while trying to fall asleep last night.

In case you haven't seen it it's a ghettoish version of pawn stars that takes place on 8 mile in detroit.

While I'm not sure how much, if any, is actually unscripted...in this episode a smallish dude walks in with his large bodyguard offering to sell some old baseball cards he got from his mom.

Immediately one of the employees says I know all about those...those are t206 tobacco cards...problem is the condition sucks. They offered 100 bucks to which the dude's bodyguard intervened by grabbing the cards and leaving.

In actuality they were e93 caramel cards. There was a cy young...an addie joss...and a bunch of others.

I thought it was funny!

here are a few i used to posess!
All of these shows are scripted....even pickers...places/sellers are scoped out prior...that's how the experts magically appear.

The HC Pawn is indeed in a bad area...but have you been to Pawn Stars in Vegas? It was (has since grown but still sucks IMO) a super small shop which never really had shit on the shelves. Knew the HC family (same city) growing up...and worked with Rick to hire him to speak at a large symposium...both families leave a lot to be desired.....I will leave it at that!