View Single Post
Old 06-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Default Legal assistance needed with PSA possibly

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

Dan,
Once again let me tell you how sorry I am to hear of this unfortunate chain of events. Like David stated earlier in the thread, I think we should all keep an eye out for your card, because if it was stolen, it WILL come up for sale somewhere. Most theft of this kind is done by morons who don't really know what they have, other then the fact that it's old, it's baseball and that they could make a fast few bucks off it. Having worked for the USPS I can tell you that despite their extremely strict policies, theft does occasionally occur, especially at the larger distribution facilities. If PSA is willing to stand by their story that the card never arrived, (you or your attorney should get that in writing), and the package was in fact insured through the USPS, then you should be able to recover your loss with the postal insurance, providing that you purchased the right amount of coverage of course. If in fact PSA does stand by their version that the card was never physically in their possesion, and whether or not you are able to recover your $6K from the postal insurance, I would definitly contact the USPS Inspection service and make a request for an investigation. I have used them on ebay sellers who have taken my money and kept my item and let me tell you, the inspection service doesn't play games. I had them go after a guy who sold me a book on ebay after he ripped me off for my 14.00 payment! I got my book in less then 30 days after I requested an investigation. They went after the guy like pirhanas and I would think that they would be all to eager to take on a case like yours. This is of course just a suggestion and I sincerely hope that everything works out for you. Good Luck