View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Default Legal assistance needed with PSA possibly

Posted By: botn

Dan,

I was under the impression that PSA has cameras everywhere. I am not sure if all cameras have video surveillance and for what period of time that footage is available for viewing. What would be the point of having cameras in only one part of the grading process? Makes no sense.

Based on what you are reporting from Peter, the customer is completely vulnerable from the time that the package is given to the employee(s) to enter into the system. It is not until PSA posts grades that you know that they have accounted for the same number of cards and the specific cards that you had submitted. So if there is a breach in security or someone inadvertently disposes of a card while emptying a customer's package the customer will not know until the day grades are posted, which can be up to 30 days depending on the service.

On several occasions I have had PSA call me when I have come up with an incorrect total. i.e. I write that there are 42 total cards and they count 43. It makes you wonder what they do if they find a discrepancy. You write down 1952 Topps Mantle and the card is a 1952 Topps common. I am not sure how much hobby knowledge the employees have that enter the info into the computer.

PSA should make the details of the submission available online with e-mail notification as soon the cards are received and entered into the system.

My suggestion is to contact Charlie Kahler. Charlie if you do not know him is an incredible man. He used to be in charge of Customer Service and is now the head of Special Projects. This is really not his field anymore but I can guarantee you that he will do whatever he can to get to the bottom of this.

Please keep us posted on what happens.

Greg