View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 07:17 AM

Default Brooks Robinson PSA Master - 1977

Good Sunday morning to you. This week I will write about the 1977 entries to Brooks' PSA Master Set. This weeks entries total 16 and more than half of those are "discs." Starting at the top left, is the 1977-79 Sportstcaster (Printed in Italy). This example is a PSA 9; there are 6 other PSA 9s and one PSA 10. This set includes over 2,000 multi-sport entries. The Brooks card is not expensive and plenty are available. On the back, there are details about Brooks. Next, you will see two Orioles Post Cards of Brooks...the Light Background version (PSA 10 with 2 peers) and mis-labled Dark Background version (PSA 10 with 1 peer). The two post cards are part of the 1977 Orioles Team Set including over 30 entries, depending on what you reference. These are available routinely in lesser grades but the PSA 10s are surprisingly expensive and just not available (it is hit or miss with PSA on grading the Post Cards). Next is the Sertoma Stars Brooks PSA 9 (nine peers with 2 PSA 10s). This card is part of a 24 card set with tons of HoF'ers. Finding a high graded copy of this card can be difficult. Next is the Topps Brooks card graded a PSA 9, which are plentiful and affordable. There are 178 total PSA 9s and eighteen PSA 10s (yes...I want a 10!). I am not a huge fan of the 1977 Topps card but it is Brooks so I have to love it. The PSA 9 Topps Orioles Team Card is a PSA 9 (64 peers) with 12 PSA 10s. I like this card with the dark Orange (almost red) jerseys. The Orioles Team Checklist Sheet Hand Cut is a PSA 5 and highest graded with 3 peers. These are not easy to find but affordable. One of my favorite discs is the 1977 Brooks Burger Chef Funnel Discs from my favorite childhood fast food joint. The Burger Chef Disc is smaller than the others. I have several of these at various grades and have given up on finding one of the 3 PSA 10s; I have sent at least 4 to PSA for grading and continue to strike out on receiving a PSA 10. The PSA 9 here has 17 peers. The other 8 discs are all PSA 10s minus the Dairy Isle, which is a PSA 9 (1 peer and 5 PSA 10s exist). The discs include the Zip Z (19 peers), Wendy's (1 peer...this one was very hard to find at this grade), SAGA (4 peers), MSA Customized Sports (9 peers), Holiday Inn (16 peers), Detroit Caesars (7 peers), and Chilly Willy (11 peers). I hope you enjoyed this week's post. Next week will be my final posting with 1978 with 6 entries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1977 Brooks Pic.jpg (78.3 KB, 146 views)