View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 11:29 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Michael, I won this card and a like-graded Baker in a Barry Sloate auction. Also, had, about the same time, a PSA 6 Cobb purchased from SportsCards Plus. I believe it is still the highest graded example. All were auctioned off by Mastro around 2005. Sure wish I had them now.
That makes total sense. I am friends with Barry and used to consign cards to him.

Edited to add that John's comment and my reply make more sense in the context of my later post about the card:

Quote:
Originally Posted by molenick View Post
Thank you. I am pretty sure this is the same card I bought raw from Lew Lipset at a Willow Grove show 30+ years ago (along with a similarly nice looking T227 Baker). I think it was $200 a card. Years later I had it graded and then sold it when I was raising money to buy an apartment. I bought it back a few years ago (it was reholdered at some point in between, I don't think they had the PSA stickers when I had it graded).
My avatar is a drawing of a 1958 Topps Hank Aaron by my daughter. If you are interested in one in a similar style based on the card of your choice, details can be found by searching threads with the title phrase Custom Baseball Card Artwork or by PMing me.

Last edited by molenick; 05-08-2021 at 11:44 AM. Reason: context