View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryPassamonte View Post
The USPS has a simple system. There is no need to make it complicated. When mailing a package either registered or insured service, you should insure the package for its fair market value. Should a claim arise this fair market value can be proven by a recent purchase receipt or a record of a recent sale. If you are mailing an item for which this is difficult, expect delays in the payment of a claim. The responsibility is on the mailer to prove value, not the USPS. They are not experts on the value of the myriad of different types of items mailed. All this should be told to you at the time of mailing. If it isn't the individual clerk isn't doing their job. Also, it your item is damaged in handling and can't be repaired and you file a claim, be prepared to surrender the item to the Post Office. It's like totaling a car. The insurance company, in this case the USPS, retains possession of the property and, if possible will try to recoup some of their loss by selling it.
Yeah that should be explained before hand but the 3 cards (green cobb,ruth and a crackerjack) are definitely
worth more than the 5k I insured the package for the 5k is my cost of the 3 items which I'm ok with if getting my cards back isnt a option

Last edited by C-mack; 08-16-2019 at 02:29 PM.