View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I am really sorry you are experiencing this. FWIW, the next time you send something expensive, go with Registered Mail rather than insurance. It covers $50K in value. The postal inspector will go absolutely ape-shit when a Registered Mail piece goes missing because it is supposed to be signed for in all transitions and checked in and stored under lock and key when not out for delivery. When a Registered Mail piece is lost whoever signed for it last is likely to get fired for losing it.

I mention this because I had a T206 Young portrait go missing in transit last year. The seller sent it via Registered Mail due to value. I went to get it at the post office listed on the notice (the one that stores Registered Mail for the area) and there was no card. I chased down the carrier who swore that he had turned it into the post office on the notice when I was not there to sign for it. I then went to the main branch post office here in Burbank, where the mail carrier was assigned, and filed a claim. The postmaster in Burbank called me immediately and jumped on the investigation quicker than I have ever seen the post office move on anything else that got lost. Turned out this moron probie mail carrier left me a notice to pick up my card at the Registered Mail post office but left it at the Burbank main post office instead. I got my card in the end because it was Registered Mail.

I learned this after the fact but I mailed it base on my post office word of this being the "best" way