View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 07:52 PM
And.rew Whi.te

After I sold the majority of my collection 20 years ago I went back to collecting the sets I put together as a kid, starting with the 73 - 77 time frame. This collection I sold included complete sets from the early 60's, a few 50's complete sets and a variety of stuff that was all in binders.

With the current collection sleeves and top loaders was my storage method. I hated leafing through the top loaders and went to card savers but it was such a pain to pull out the boxes and look at the sets I generally never did. Last year, after I completed my '56 Topps set that is in card savers, I started the 65 Topps set and decided to put them in pages as I had a stack of them laying around. I never really loved the design of the '65 set but soon changed my mind as I put them in pages and admired the beauty of the design. Fast forward to the last few months and I have now put all of my sets, except for the '56 in sleeves and am happy I did it. It is so much easier to just grab the binder and look through these cards and truly enjoy them and not just collect them.