View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default selling? on the main forum vs asking a value

I was just re-reading this thread and have a thought about asking a value and selling on the main forum(s). I don't think it's a bad thing to ask a value of an uncommon item on the main board, even if you are planning on selling the item. How are we supposed to know what to price it at when we go to sell it or what a fair value is? That being said there really is a fine line here.

Sometimes I, myself, need to ask the value of something I am going to sell. I usually will try to do it in a way that is not "in your face" selling on the front page. I think if we are cognizant of what we are doing then we can state our needs and be fine and dandy. Just don't go overboard on selling on the main forums and all will be ok. If it gets out of hand you will probably get your question moved to the BST area or a polite private, or public, comment. I get quite a few PM's asking about these types of issues and am always glad to try to help. We (us collectors) are here to help each other and at the same time us (moderators) try to keep some sort of organization for the board. It's really been very tame lately and that is appreciated. Happy collecting....