View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 04:25 PM
Bob C.

Oh wow, it is crazy how things seem to happen in bunches sometimes. Seems like you had some sixth sense luckily working for you back then.

You're not alone though in having multiple incidents happening all together like that. About 3-1/2 - 4 weeks before my incident above occurred, I stopped by an older co-worker's house on a Saturday afternoon, and was talking to him while standing next to his van, outside in his driveway. He suddenly reaches his hand out to brace it against the van, and I look and see his eyes kind of roll back into his head, and hear him say "Oh my God!" as he collapses. I catch him before he hits the ground, while screaming for his wife to call 9-1-1. Tried giving him CPR for what seemed like an eternity before the paramedics got there, but didn't matter, he literally died in my arms from a heart attack. He was only 52.

Then after witnessing the kid jump off an overpass a few weeks later, I kept thinking how it was always said that things happen in threes, and I was freaking out over the next six months waiting for a third accident /death to occur. The guy I saw jump and hit the car was actually still alive after the incident. I later heard he died a couple days after from internal injuries, but never regained consciousness. Talk about a Summer from hell.......