View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 01:40 AM
Bob C.

Default Most unique, amazing, odd thing ever witnessed!

In deference to the thread on the main forum titled "An odd fact about those alive when T-206s were released", someone posted a link in that thread to an old episode of the TV show "I've Got a Secret", that had the last living witness to Lincoln's assassination on it. I thought it might make for an interesting thread if people posted the most unique, amazing, or odd things they ever witnessed IN PERSON, so not on TV, the internet, etc. Doesn't have to be sport related, and could be a famous or historical occurrence as well. Let's see who may have the most unusual experience out there. I guess I'll start us off.

Back in the early '80s, was driving on the freeway on a beautiful Sunday afternoon in the first week of September, headed for a part-time job. No one on the four lane highway except a small hatchback about 75-100 feet in front of me, one lane to my left, and another car about 100 feet behind me and one lane to my right, in the curb lane. As we are coming up on my exit, the hatchback ahead of me starts to go under an overpass, and on the far side of that overpass I suddenly noticed something falling, and it hits the hatchback right dead on its hood, the car fishtails a little bit, but then keeps going for about 100 yards before pulling over and coming to a stop on the freeway berm. I pulled over and stopped behind the hatchback, as the other car that was following me pulled over and stopped behind me as well. I didn't see anything that had fallen from the overpass bounce off the hatchback, nor could I see inside the hatchback as the entire back window was covered and filled with what looked like clothes. The hatchback just sat there, and no one got out. So the guy behind me, and myself, both got out of our cars and gave each other a true WTF look. So we slowly started walking up on both sides of the hatchback, him on the passenger side, me on the driver's side. I said something like, "Did you see that, it looked someone threw a mannequin off the overpass." He answered that was kind of what he thought, but then asked where was the mannequin, because he didn't see it or anything else bounce or come off the hatchback either. So we slowly went up to the front of the hatchback on either side, until I saw the entire hood was caved in, and the front windshield was blown into the hatchback. It was still sort of attached to the upper left hand corner of the windshield frame, with the blown in part basically wrapped around the driver, who was a young girl still sitting there with both hands on the steering wheel, not saying anything or moving, just staring straight ahead with a 1,000 yard look in her eyes. There was another young girl in the front passenger seat, who had her eyes closed and appeared unconscious, but was still moving around a bit and had blood coming from her nose, ears, and mouth. And sure enough, the entire back of the hatchback was filled from floor to roof with clothes, baskets, and all other kinds of stuff, and now it also had some young guy who was unconscious and jackknifed in the backseat up against all the clothes, with his butt up by the roof, and his head and feet down by the hatchback' floor.

Later on found out the two girls were 18 and on their way with all their stuff to a local nursing college to start their freshman year. And the guy was a 26 year-old who apparently had some mental issues, and had climbed the fence on the far side of the overpass bridge and then fell/jumped off it to land smack dab in the middle of the hood of a hatchback going about 70 MPH, goes through the windshield and right in between the two girls, to end up being stopped by all the clothes that were piled up in the back seat. And some how the girl driving, though in complete and utter shock, had the wherewithal to calmly pull the car over and park it on the freeway berm, despite initially being totally unresponsive and having no idea where she was or what had happened.

Okay, someone top that.

Last edited by BobC; 01-30-2022 at 04:38 PM.