View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 08:53 PM

Default Prominent collector passes

I don't believe I have ever initiated a thread over several years on the board, but I feel I ought to alert the hobby to the passing of prominent New England collector Bob Lieb. Dr. Lieb, a professor in the Northeastern University graduate business school for more than half a century, died Saturday morning after suffering a stroke a week earlier.
Those of you who were active in the hobby in the 70s and 80s might remember Bob. We were regulars on the New England show circuit and traveled to the New York, Philadelphia, Detroit and Chicago events that presaged the National Convention. Though he was a noted academic as well as an accomplished amateur athlete (Duquesne basketball and baseball, regionally ranked doubles tennis player), he built a remarkable collection with an emphasis on autographs and uniforms, particularly those of the teams from Pittsburgh, where he grew up.
To me, however, he was a true friend and collecting companion for 50 years. I could not have asked for a better friend, and my collection will always spark memories of the highlights (and lowlights) of our mutual hobby journey.
RIP Robert!

Last edited by spec; 09-12-2021 at 01:32 PM.