View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Default Prices Realized On One T206

Posted By: Scott Elkins

to be found with those back types (El Principe, Hindu, Old Mill, Piedmont, Sovereign and Sweet Caporal). However, before I started collecting caramels, I had quite a large collection of every one of the 150 Series ONLY cards (except the Wagner). The cards ONLY issued in the 150 Series are: G.Brown (Cubs) (in fact, much scarcer than the more expensive Washington variation - a good buy at common prices!), M. Brown (Cubs on Shirt), Burch (Batting), Donlin (Fielding), Evers (Cubs On Shirt), Pattee (Hor.), Pelty (Hor.), Powers and Reulbach (Glove Shows).

My experience was (and I searched EVERYWHERE for these 150 Series cards and had multiples of each - again, I am talking about the ones ONLY issued in the 150 Series - not found in the 350): These can ONLY be found with the backs listed below (THEREFORE, THESE LISTED BACKS ARE THE 150 SERIES BACKS):

Hindu (Brown)
Piedmont 150
Sovereign 150
Sweet Caporal 150 (Fact. 25, 30 and 649 O/P).

El Principe and Old Mill were not issued UNTIL the 350 Series (I don't care what any book or anybody says). If cards were issued with these brands in the 150 Series of 1909, then one of these nine cards would have to have an Old Mill or El Principe back - and NONE of them are found with either of those two backs!!!!!!!!!!! Sure, other portraits and cards issued in the 150 Series can be found with these two backs - however, these were all issued in the 350 Series, as NONE of the Nine 150 Series Only cards are found with these two brand backs. If anyone has one of these nine players with an El Principe or Old Mill back, then prove me wrong - please (as I have bought these and researched them for sometime and still have trouble getting this point through to some old timers).