Thread: Favorite
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 01:08 PM
Joshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmvorce View Post
I’m curious what everyone’s favorite card is in their collection. Not necessarily the most valuable, or oldest, or highest graded, but their “favorite”.

When I was in 7th grade I made the biggest school bus trade anyone could remember. I received this 61 Mantle in exchange for Tecmo Bowl, Bases Loaded, Baseball Stars, and Mike Tyson’s Punchout on NES. 4 classic games - everyone on the bus thought I have up way too much but I bet that kid’s dad killed him when he got home.

Anyway, this card will always be my favorite because it was my first vintage. My first legend. Up until this my collection was filled with a bunch of late 80s Canseco’s and Jackson’s and Clemens. This changed everything.

What’s your favorite?
That was also my first card too! I bought it at a card shop in West Covina CA over 30 years ago... it’s probably the card I have with the least monetary value, but it has the most sentimental value because it brings me back to the orange julius and caramel corn days with my pops. My mom would shop and He’d let me go to the arcade and I’d run over to the shop afterwards before we left the mall. It will be the last card I own too!