View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 04:48 PM
R0b Sm!th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I may, just may, retire from Heritage auctions. First, I find their people among the most knowledgeable in the business, most of those on the prewar card stuff I at least have a passing relationship with and are most congenial. And their offerings are just about the best in the business. But, and it is a big but, I don't think I can afford to play anymore. It isn't so much what I pay for the item(s) won or the vig, that's their bread and butter, it is the sales tax of 6.5% for Florida, the shipping I won't comment on except, as their packages are so carefully wrapped, I'm sure it is more handling than shipping cost, But
today I went to pay them at just about the same time my cards from the last auction arrived (great marketing strategy or what? Makes you feel like a special customer) and found out a new cost add-on, using a credit/debit card will be another 3% and no Ebay. For the cards and memorabilia I seek, it just might add up to be too much.
REA, on the other hand, where many of us are players, has auction terms much more too my liking.
I don't understand why a big successful AH like Heritage can't eat the 3% for those long term customers like myself and other Net 54'ers that small of an amount when looking at the entire transaction.
I understand your frustration, but I am not really following what exactly you are complaining about. Is it the 3% that you are being charged for using a credit card? If so, do any of the other large auction houses allow you to use one without a fee?