View Single Post
Old 03-21-2002, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Default Before I started reading FullcountBCC

Posted By: Jay Miller

I guess I am one of the few holdouts. I have quite a few cards in my collection and five or less are slabbed, and those only because I bought them that way and saw no reason to remove them from the holder. I have slabbed a few cards when I was planning to sell them; I thought I would realize more for the cards in plastic. I guess my major reasons for not slabbing the cards in my collection are:

1-Such a process would result in the collection taking up much more space than it currently does.

2-The slabbing process would be very costly.

3-I am reluctant to be shipping rare cards and risking loss or damage.

4-I don't feel the need to have someone tell me the condition of my card or verify its authenticity. I feel capable of doing both myself.

5-If you go beyond slabbing the cards in your collection and start down the road of the "I have to have the highest graded card" mentality then I think you get into the area of the hobby that I cannot understand. You become a dealers delight and end up wasting lots of money on trivial condition differences. Someone please explain to me why a PSA (or SGC)8 card can be worth multiples of a PSA7 of the same card when the difference is so slight.