View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 01:05 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by billycox3 View Post
in the 1990's, the majority of players' attitudes and their autographs really seemed to go downhill. I lost all interest in the modern game after the strike which cost baseball an entire world series, and i only kept collecting the modern players' autographs out of habit. It was increasingly more annoying to have to put these scribbles into my collection just because i was attempting to obtain an autograph of every mlb player in history. At some point in the late 1990's, i set a date of 2000 to be the last one in which i would still want every player's autograph who debuted that season. I haven't regretted my decision to quit following baseball and to cease with the infernal scribbling.

People paying these current athletes three or four figures for their feeble attempts to test out a marker is laughable to me, but if it makes them happy, then so be it. For this kind of money, the least the players can do is learn how to legibly write their names in proper cursive. I don't care if they haven't been taught in schools; let their agents teach them, or hire a tutor! It's a business transaction; try doing something to make it more worth the buying party's time. Scribble all you want when you're not being paid, but when you are, put in a little effort, please.
+1000000000000000000
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete