View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCRedbird View Post
(I)t would be interesting to know which 21 players were dropped when the second edition was produced.
I could do it team by team but I don't know if anyone wants 18 more posts on this thread, but I did the White Sox and came up with this: the original 10 position players for the plastic shield were Sievers 1B, Fox 2B, Aparicio SS, Carey 3B, Lollar C, A Smith OF, Minoso OF, Landis OF, Pierce P, Wynn P. When the lineup was updated in the 2nd printing Buzhardt replaced Pierce at Pitcher, C Smith replaced Carey at 3rd Base, Cunningham replaced Sievers at 1st Base, and Fl Robinson replaced Minoso at Outfield, so Pierce and Sievers were removed from the set, and Minoso and Carey changed teams. So that means Richie Ashburn, Ed Bouchee, Billy Pierce, and Roy Sievers are four of the players removed from the set after the first printing, I would have to do it team by team to figure out the other players who were removed completely after the first printing.