View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 06:05 PM
Jeff Weisenberg

Default T206 Hoard Carolina Brights Auction is Live!

Link to graded cards (T206's, N172's, T201's)

Link to Central Mass Auctions Wbsite for Live auction
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/cata...1&pageSize=120

Hello, my name is Jeff Weisenberg of National Card Investors. I have been on Net54 since 2009. I have been in the sports cards and collectibles business since my days at Rotman Collectibles in 1978. I love this site and feel it is a great connection between collectors, dealers and a combination of both. Over the years I have been able to have purchased some incredible things. I am not sure anything will compare to the last few weeks. 3 weeks ago (During national week) I along with my partners Boca Cards and National Artifacts purchased an original owner collection of 1000+ T206's. This incredible collection included 16! Ty Cobbs, 16 Nap Lajoie’s, 150 Hall of Famers, 60+ Old Mill Southern Leaguers and the Magie error. The entire collection was graded by SGC and is now in the hands of Heritage Auctions as they will be auctioning it for us. As amazing as that was, just 2 weeks later, a friend that runs auctions on live auctioneers stopped in my office. I help him whenever he gets sports cards and memorabilia with authenticating and lotting the cards. He pulls out a binder that has 250+ T206's and some N172 Old Judges. As I flip the 1st page I notice 2 T206's with Carolina Brights Backs. My mind is now spinning! I just started looking at these cards and already found 2. It turns out there are 54! new to the market Carolina Brights cards. Amazingly 1 of them is a Cobb which was graded today at 1.5 by PSA! Also included were Hall of Famers Bender pitching with trees, Bresnahan with bat, Chance portrait, Eddie Collins, Tris Speaker and Christy Mathewson with dark cap. The rest were commons with some incredibly Low pops! This collection is currently being graded by PSA and I should have grades by the end of the week. These cards will be sold by Central Mass Auctions in the very near future. Along with the incredible T206's Carolina Brights were some amazing Old Judges. All of the Old Judges had 4 pin holes in each (the corners) yet still presented very well in terms of image. Amongst them are John Clarkson End of Pitch, R/Arm Extended, L/Hand on thigh, John Clarkson Bat at ready over R/Shoulder, King Kelly Portrait, Bare head, Chicago on shirt. All of these are at PSA as well. I will update all of the Net54 members as I get more information. Please feel free to email me with any questions. I will state that NONE of these cards will be for sale privately. All must and will go to auction. Images below:

Here I am holding the 16 Cobbs!

Here are the 150+ Hall of Famers

Here is the Magie

LINK To the N172 Images of all non graded Cards

Central Mass Auctions[/COLOR]

Thanks, Jeff Weisenberg

Last edited by NATCARD; 10-22-2022 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Auction is Live