View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Default time to play....

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...<looks at Alex Trebek and the Jeopardy judges to see if this is allowed...>

I don't agree that the "discernable" wear to the corners is as dramatic and downgrading to these cards as you do. As I said, they are not perfect 10 corners. But, the cards are not 10's or 9's or even 8's. We're not talking about the top third tier of the grading scale here. (Or even the additional step higher to the 10+ Pristine whatever thing...)

The cards do show some "slight wear on some corners" which SGC states is allowable on 84/7 grades. 84/7's can also exhibit spots or speckling, or a skewed cut.

AN 80/6 allows for "skewed cut may be more evident", card can be somewhat off-focus, fuzzing of corners, and notching of edges.

The 60/5 says you can have all these flaws plus your card can start to exhibit surface creases, lost gloss and surface scratching. None of his cards exhibit this or the spider creases or surface creases!

These are SGC's own printed standards...

But then again, if you do your math, drop the number a grade or two, you have what Leon's cards got. I think it's crazy and I see "nothing" whatsoever that tells me these grades are consistent with their own standards.