View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post

How about you, Ben?
It is very tough as there are just so many for so many reasons:

1)The called shot and 1919 to separate fact/fiction
2) shot heard around world and larsen perfect game with exciting endings.
3) Watch the greatest team; a 1927 game.. maybe game 4 ws or ruth beltig number 60.
4) old, cartoon like players where no footage exists in their primes primes/dead ball era.

After thinking it over, I would love to be at the 1916 game 2 ws game watching Babe Ruth giving one of the greatest pitching performances in WS history. I would love to experience his true greatness as a pitcher. Seriously,, how good was he? What could he have been? I also think it would be crazy cool being the only one at the park knowing what he would turn into(including the babe).
Babe Ruth pitched a 14 inning complete game with 13 scoreless innings in a row and drove in 1 of the 2 runs needed for the win.
I would love to see his swing which didn't do much that game and his temperament when he struck out 2 times. I would love to see poetry in motion on the mound(at least how I envision it from the photo below). I would also like to see how he interacted with players and the crowd at that young age.
In closing, I would like to get him to sign multiple early era sigs and a letter to me. I would simply offer him beers, cigars and food for the sigs. Who knows.. maybe I could be his wing man for a night and see what the ladies were like 99 years ago. 99 bottles of beer on the.. ok.. tired.. going to bed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10557282_682975311781104_3951499415403457726_n.jpg (74.0 KB, 222 views)

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 12-09-2015 at 10:34 PM.