Thread: Military Vets?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 03:57 PM
Hank Thomas

Default God bless the vets!

What are enough thanks for someone who keeps you and your family safe? I don't know, but this is a great chance to say thank you in an unusual setting. A football injury kept me out of Vietnam. I'm was not at all sorry about it then, and am not now. However, I do know that the military experience would have helped me in my life, assuming I had made it through, and I am sorry about that. I hope this isn't too political, but I firmly believe that there should be a universal draft for two years service to the country, military or otherwise, draftee's choice. And since this is a sports collecting board, I'll also opine that all military displays--including the National Anthem--should be reserved for more appropriate occasions than sporting events--like today! So have a wonderful Independence Day, everybody, one thing I know we can all agree on is what a wonderful country we have and how lucky we are to have had so many talented young men who chose to defend her with their lives over all these years.