Thread: Military Vets?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 09:54 AM
rgpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcfowler6 View Post
This May have been done before but I’m not sure so here we go.

With Independence Day in the USA coming up I’ve been reflecting on my military days. I met my wife in the Army (same unit) and now one of our sons is a Marine.

For me I was. UAV Pilot. I flew the Hunter UAV. Now most call them “Drones”. Back then we would have acted insulted at the word but with a few years between now and then I know it’s just a word. We did real time video and many other intel ops as well as some laser guidance. We also dropped a few things that went boom. I was honored to serve and during my time went in three combat tours. Some of my best times and memories are from the days I served. I miss many friend from then but many keep in touch. He

Would love to hear from other vets in here. Hear some old stories. Learn about each other etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First and foremost THANK YOU TO YOU and Your FAMILY for your Service I am not a Vet, but My 5th generation Grandfather Francis Letts served in the NJ Militia Middlesex County Regiment as a Corporal under Captain Morgan from the beginning to the end of the Revolutionary War. Also my Grandfather Nels J Petersen a Danish Immigrant came to the US when he was 3 in the early 1900's @ WW I He enlisted at Fort Slocum NY and was sent to Siberia to protect the Rail Road and was assigned to the 27th Infantry known as the Wolfhounds from July 1919 -1920 I remember one of his encounters as he told me They were Stationed in Box Cars as their sleeping quarters and also defending themselves from the Bolsheviks charging at them on horseback while being in the Box Car
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Siberia 001.jpg (78.1 KB, 500 views)

Last edited by rgpete; 06-28-2020 at 02:27 PM.