View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 05:21 AM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
I reached 254/274 on my signed 1953 Topps project last month, with two more I need in auctions ending soon. Technically there’s a third as well, but it’s part of a large lot of unrelated stuff and I can’t bring myself to go after all that for one card. I’m also starting signed Bowman Red Sox sets from the early 1950s. I’ve done some reading about those teams lately that’s given me a soft spot for them, and gotten good deals on some cards with vintage signatures.
I'm up to 260 right now on the Topps. A member here sold me Roy Campanella, which I never thought I'd get with today's prices. I was the underbidder on a couple of auctions in last fall's REA and on eBay a couple months ago that could have gotten me up to 268, but they'll come up again. I posted my progress here: https://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=300164 . For the Bowmans, I've made some progress, but I've decided to mothball the 1950 and 1952 sets for now and focus on 1951. I picked up the Vern Stephens in February, so the only tough card I still need is Steve O'Neill.