Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 07:03 PM
And.rew Fin.kel.man

Default Introduction

Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself to the Net54 community. My name is Andrew, and I live in Northern Virginia. Other than several messages I have posted in the B/S/T section (related to purchases I have made from a few of you), this is my first actual post since becoming a member about a year ago. Despite my lack of posts, I have been on the site pretty much daily, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading through the threads and searching the archives for topics that interest me. I have been collecting, off and on, for 30+ years. I began collecting in the mid 1980's (grew up outside of Boston) and my biggest (childhood) collecting years were around 1985-1989. I took a break from about age 16-30, and have been back in the hobby for about the last 12 years. My collecting interests now are mainly pre-war Red Sox, HOF portraits, and other random items that I find interesting. I try to focus mainly on pre 1920 for my personal collection, although I have been learning a little about modern cards (the shiny stuff, ugh), because that is what my kids like. I have really enjoyed introducing them to the hobby. I look forward to communicating with/meeting some other members in the future. Thank you!