View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 10:46 PM
Jason

I remember getting into the hobby with my dad in 1987 and we started getting the baseball factory sets each year. Then, in 1989 we decided to open packs and make sets. We live in Michigan so we got into football first because of Barry Sanders. We ended up getting into Score because the Proset boxes cost too much. When they first came out Score was only $18 a box and Proset was $3-$4 a pack here. When I saw the first Score Barry Sanders we pulled in a pack I was hooked and I have been collecting pretty much anything that I thought looked good ever since. I still have the first set that my dad gave me back in 1989 and have bought and sold several more over the years. I have three sets including a factory set now. I'm always looking for that set and particularly the Sanders. The first and only vintage project so far is the 1970 Topps baseball set. I started that about four years ago and it took about two years to finish it. I picked that set because I remember seeing a bunch of them from my dad's old cards from when he was a kid and I liked the look of the gray borders.