Thread: Money and Cards
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 06:10 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Kill-eat all the way, for several years now: no new money into the hobby. I raise the $$ from card sales or I go without new cards. Had to be that way when my daughter announced an intention to become a doctor and I was staring down a potential half a million bucks for school that I didn't have. I had to retrench from sets to types to start raising funds. Sold off a lot of great stuff with no regrets given the purpose. She's since decided her interests are elsewhere; working as a first responder-EMT-she decided she doesn't like clinical work and wants to be in research. Out went med school, in came a far more manageable masters program. Her decision left me with a nice little nest egg to use to buy deals, which I did, and the pandemic was a gold mine for me in terms of card sales. I've been able to buy great stuff entirely with the proceeds of sales and amass a nice little fund for future purchases when the bubble breaks. Turns out that Spock was right:

"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

I'm having a blast flipping stuff. Makes my wife think I actually know something.

PS: having the Nimoy card is more fun than wanting it.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 07-30-2022 at 06:14 PM.