View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 06:06 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
While I agree with your thread, and the "grey area / slippery slope" nature of our "discussion" just as a point of fact, all of the PG supplements were separate issues with blank backs, but many of the pictures used were at different times also printed in the newspaper as complete pages.

As an example, in addition to the Home Run Baker supplement issued 12-9-1911, there are at least three different times the same photo was printed as a full page in other issues of Police Gazette, at least one as late as July 1918.

While I'm not a fan of destroying guides for their pages, I do own lots of Police Gazette pages, which is obviously a bit contradictory.
I think with the Police Gazette supplements, the only ones that are actually supplements are the ones that actually say supplement on them. All others are nothing more than pages from a magazine. Not much different than the m114 "baseball magazine" premiums, where we see people listing the inside cover photos as the premiums too, when they're not at all the same thing. I will admit that I'm not fully educated on the PG's though, as I only own 1. The 1916 Sisler rookie.