View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 05:22 PM
Charles Jackson

Spent Monday and Tuesday in Cooperstown.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

We got their a little late in the day, so rather than spend the $28 for few hours at the Hall of Fame, we headed to the the Fenimore Art Museum, which we enjoyed.

We also enjoyed all of our meals:
I think our favorite restaurants were the Upstate Bar and Grill--which is huge and has 24 beers on tap and the Hawkeye Bar and Grill at the Otsega Hotel --amazing view of Otsego Lake, a great beer list, and reasonable prices for an upscale place.

Our meals at Doubleday Cafe, Stagecoach Coffee, Schneider's Bakery, and Cooperstown Diner were all tasty as well.

Unfortunately, Ommegang was closed the entire time we were there (they are closed Mondays through Wednesdays), but we were able to get Ommegang on tap at the Upstate Bar and Grill, Hawkeye Bar and Grill, and in cans at Cooperstown Beverage Exchange.

We spent an an entire day at the Hall of Fame. I enjoyed their baseball card exhibit, but thought some of the cards they chose to highlight were fairly random--(1923 Maple Crispette Casey Stengel?). The T206 Wagner they have, if real (it's not graded) has to be worth several million as it is in very good shape. I was really happy to see all of the cool items they had for Roberto Clemente, my favorite player, such as his Cangrejeros de Santurce jersey, and the glowing scouting report Al Campanis made about Clemente in 1952 for the Dodgers.

Thanks again for the great suggestions on what to do. A really beautiful town with a lot of fun things to do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220628_112747.jpg (196.6 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg 20220628_134320.jpg (194.9 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by cgjackson222; 06-30-2022 at 05:27 PM.