View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 09:39 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
US rate is 2nd in suicides amongst nations with 100M or more people. Russia is 1st.

US rate of gun deaths is 30th overall. Rate of suicide by gun is 2nd.

The rates do not include failed attempts. Or prevented attempts.

Mental health screening, flagging, and treatment should be part of the deal
That is a insanely selective number as you are eliminating countries by limiting it by size and narrowing until you meet a statistic appreciated. So I have qualms with eliminating most of the world to select from 13 countries and eliminating the whole of Europe. Come on now, there are 195 countries and you took it down to 13 to prove a point. Please use functional stats as percentage of 100k citizens.

As for your last statement, I would need far more info but we are certainly not far apart.

I am not against reasonable rules, I just get frustrated by such stats when used as it demeans a discussion. It’s much like stating that there are more stair falls in a 2 story home vs a ranch. I am fully for reasonable debate toward guidelines, with give and take.

I was staying out and was a bit grumpy from a poor day and probably should not have jumped in. If you feel I was attacking, I apologize, probably should have kept my mouth out of it as I continue to feel this is an exercise in futility. I just think it’s sad as in reality there is some middle ground to be found if people could discuss. I’ll try to keep out to avoid causing frustration for myself and others.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 07-21-2022 at 10:07 PM.