View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 01:34 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
If you wouldn't mind linking some of the old threads I would love to take a look.

Also this is absurd price. I fully understand that if you can drop 5.2 Million on a card you can afford probably anything, and don't care about overpaying but that price is staggering. Granted it would be in a lesser grade, but You could buy a signed version of the 52 Topps for less.

Hell if we restricting ourselves to just baseball cards/memrobillia I'm pretty sure you could buy game used uniforms of Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Mickey Mantle and Joe Dimaggio and you would still be at a lower combined price than what this guy paid for this Mantle, which very well could have been trimmed.
I dont have links but several board members know who sold this card to Evan. There is no question about it's authenticity. It was a steal in 2018 at 3M, and it was today at 5.2. The market has changed.