View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 10:29 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
So who has the most different T206's ? It appears the possibilities are above the 5k range. I have 30 ( All 30 Detroit for a team set).
On the PSA Registry, you can find Brady Hill (a T-Shirt company owner that has a few searchable articles about his collecting/investing goals) He currently shows that he owns 3457 cards out of 3921 different cards. Because PSA only counts different brand backs and not detail of Subject and Factory numbers, their complete card set count is currently at 3921 different cards. I've been trying to get them to update this registry set slot for a few years now or even make a whole new one to have a slot for the 5250+ different combo's. I offered to help for free and also offer any of my research to help better the registry set and properly giving each combo a realistic point value based on true rarity and not just by player and back. They told me it was already in the works and under control. That must have been over 3+ years now and I'm still waiting.

I'm not really sure how many collectors are currently going after all 5250+ different cards. I think it's a small group of us. Over the last 5 years, there have been a large quantity of collectors that have taken the 520 card "Monster" set and decided to add more difficulty to the task. A basic 520 card set, regardless of the advertising back, is actually a fairly simple task if you have the money. Between eBay, Net54, and a few of the Facebook groups, it's just money that stands in the way of building a set very quickly. I believe many felt the same way and decided to add a difficulty twist to building the set. Such as a set with no Piedmont or Sweet Caporal backs. Others have focused on just one particular card back, and some have gone after the Hall of Famer's, while others stick with a certain team set with all the different possible backs. There's so many ways to collect the set. That's one of the reasons why it's so popular. But I really don't know how many are truly going after the 5250+ cards. I can only speak for myself as one of those people.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11