View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Only two simple rules for this day before Thanksgiving thread...

Part 1: We always hear about the 'real' things people are thankful for (health, family, etc.), but post one or two 'stupid' things that you are actually thankful for. Yes, the definition of "stupid" is up to you.

Part 2: Post a card that you are thankful for and explain WHY.

• I am thankful that NFL games out here start at 10:00 in the morning (and 9:30AM on Thanksgiving), as opposed to the traditional 1PM time slot that was part of my DNA. Instead of the dark, freezing, smothering winter skies when games end in New York, out here you are still greeted by all sorts of sunshine once the last whistle blows (here's where a link to The Ramones' version of 'California Sun' should be).

And ramen, I am hugely thankful for recently 'discovering' ramen!! Never had it in college, and have no idea why I was so unfamiliar with this cheap, delicious stuff. Love cooking up a late night bowl and flooding it with hot Chinese mustard. So thankful!!

• I am terribly thankful to have a 1972 Topps Willie Mays #49 card. As a kid I was forever regaled with stories about the man from my father (a sadly reminiscent Brooklyn fan), so just glancing at Willie's semi-smiling face on this piece of cardboard (a card which was the gold standard for my brothers and I when we first started collecting) will forever do my heart good!!

Attachment 543843
Ramem...now that is a lifetime of discovering...like cards. Try the spicy miso (ramen) Ramen..Garlic Ramen (broth) is also rare and unique

Thankful for: sports colllectors ahead of me who kept cards from the 30-50-50-60's pristine. Sometimes it is just hard to believe they made it this far in such good conditions. My neighbors were a bit older in the 1970's..they kept theirs in a trash bag? Whut?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk