View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 08:42 PM

Hello everyone
I have sent a link to this thread to the entire tech team so everyone involved in the project can read your comments so please keep them coming.
Let me tell you the most positive features of the current site.
1. It won’t crash. Based on history this was the MOST important feature , having a stabile environment with great code on AWS. There will NOT be a site wide crash
2 it is lightening quick. Remember those emails we sent out at 8pm the final night every time saying ‘ please get your bids in prior to 930pm as the site may slow down’. This will NOT happen. Once you learn your way around, bidding is seamless and lightening quick and goes at the same pace at all times whether there are 100 people online or 100,000.
3 due to the stability and speed of the system we have a true extended bidding. If you used our prior auction site for the prior literally nine years you might have been or probably were frustrated as we approach and were in extended bidding as images loaded slowly, lot to lots movement went slowly , descriptions loaded slowly etc. as there was heavy traffic. This is not the case now and instead of our auction going up by a certain percentage the final day in our most recent auction which closed Wednesday our total volume in the auction tripled meaning the auction,closed at 3x the total GMV for the sale when we entered the final day. This is mind boggling and showed what the system and fast bidding is capable of.

There are a lot of features that need to be added, and a lot of things that can be made more user friendly. I can tell you from experience once you have an unbelievably strong foundation it is a lot easier to add features and make a platform more user-friendly then it is to have the most user-friendly platform in the world that you were familiar with but that goes down all the time or slows up during heavy traffic periods.
So I ask you, use this thread as a criticism page: go ahead . we are happy to see it something bothers you post it something you don’t like about the site post it if you have a suggestion post it if you’d like to see improvements post it all I ask is instead of a post to say “this sucks“ let us know what about the experience you do not like and what you would change if you were the owner, and we will work on it for you. What I can tell you is our site can accommodate millions of users at the same time and is incredibly scalable so if you help us out with constructive criticism we will adapt and build it to suit your needs.
Thanks
Ken Goldin