Thread: Goldin Vault
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 10:07 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris_14226 View Post
Yes you will need to pay sales tax. My guess would be they would charge the sales tax when they ship it to you.

If you buy high end cards (like a Wagner) you’re an idiot for trying to doge sales tax. States are just salivating to catch those folks. It’s low hanging fruit for them and you have zero defense (like gee I didn’t know I had to pay sales tax on the purchase).

The only way to avoid would be all cash and you’d have to keep the cash out of the banking system, so for a Wagner, you’d have to have like $200 grand in cash on hand. Once you put it someplace (bank) or sell itbe card and put the $ somewhere the governments (state and federal) are going to come asking how you came about $200 grand with no trace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My guess is that once the card has been shipped to the vault, sales/use tax becomes the owner's responsibility. That's probably why people do this, so it isn't automatically collected.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-27-2021 at 10:07 AM.