View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 04:19 PM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Never understood sucking up to auction houses. Is it ego? Desperation? Grown men want the approval of others like boys in kindergarten class sucking up to the teacher? Is it to feel important? Like a big shot? Breaking news ….. they charge you the same buyers premium no matter how many times you kiss their ass on this board.

I’ve deal with a number of AHs where issues have arisen. And they have been professional about it. And they get my repeat business.

Here’s an example ….. Al from LOTG reached out to me probably a year after I bought a piece of memorabilia to tell me further research and info he received from others convinced him the piece I bought was counterfeit and he was sending me a refund. Did he have to do this? Money out of his pocket. Sure he didn’t ask the consignor to send his money back. That’s called integrity. I’ve had Scott Garner send me a check for something I consigned long ago and totally forgot about. That’s called doing the right thing. There are still good people in the business.
Well said!