View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 08:12 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Just seems so much more satisfying at this point to own an amazing piece of memorabilia or a great photo.

A rare Negro league photo or cap. A cabinet photo from over 100 years ago.
An amazing signed contract. Some genuine rarity from the Ruth - Gehrig barnstorming days. A real picture postcard of Cobb or Mathewson. A great scorecard from an important game. An old jersey. Even a nice piece of baseball related art.

Realize there will probably never been the liquid market for such things like what cards have. But for someone who just loves baseball so much these things just seem to pack a satisfying punch that I don't get anymore from putting cards in a plastic holder in my safe or safe deposit box.

There's some old time memorabilia that I would love to own but don't necessarily have the funds for. I definitely understand the feeling of being "done" with cards. I'm strongly considering moving in that direction myself. Especially when it comes to allocating funds towards certain things.

I've always eyed a Mantle Signed Baseball and a 500 Home Run Club signed Ball. There are also a few signed photos and other baseballs that I wouldn't mind owning as well. So I'll have to make a decision eventually. Signed Scorecards as well, was another thing I was thinking about.

Decisions, decisions. I don't think there's a wrong one though. Gotta collect what makes you happy.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.