View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 09:10 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Default Heritage Auction and their Amazing Yankee Rings

Those of you who follow championship rings, may recall my last battle with Heritage and their Super Bowl Steeler rings that started as salesman samples, and were modified by someone boasting to be a "favorite" of Art Rooney.

He claimed Mr. Rooney gave him those rings, yet he had no record of playing in college or the Pros. One of Mr. Rooney's grandsons, who I know well, said his grandfather would never do that.

I blew up the pictures which showed they were not real, and yet, Heritage insisted upon doing an investigation and ultimately modified their listings to say the two rings seemed a little different than other rings issued.

Well I finally got to look close up at the vintage Yankee rings coming up this Saturday in the Heritage auction.

The old Yankee rings scream "authentic" however I noticed something quite odd about them. A few of the Dieges & Clust stamps look nothing like any other D & C stamps I have ever seen, and those same rings were engraved from the Commissioner of baseball (again, I have never seen anything like this in my records)

Furthermore, I own a 1938 Yankee ring and have detailed pictures of a second authentic 1938 Yankee ring and both of these rings contain one row of stars on the shank. The 1938 Yankee ring offered in the Heritage auction has two rows of stars, not one like the two real rings I have in my records.

Do these differences I described above, rise to the level of the Steeler rings? Absolutely not.

I feel all the Yankee rings in the auction are vintage and authentic and not fakes, yet they are different in the labeling and engraving and I see a major difference on the side of the 1938 ring.

I don't know what this means, and how or why the rings are different, but wanted to mention it in this forum.

Last edited by sports-rings; 02-19-2015 at 09:15 AM.