Thread: Crazy uncles
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 03:59 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Your desire to give a break to an upstart and pay forward a good break you got years ago is extraordinary and I tip my hat to you. You are wise enough to know how the entire trajectory of one's life can be changed by someone reaching down and trying to pull someone up. And when someone does it for no other reason than that its one of the very rewarding things to do in one's life.

Hoping you are made whole from this. I don't know anything about you but the high quality of your character is crystal clear to anyone who has read this thread.

QUOTE=CJDave;1999594]Hi Larry,

By no means am I saying the following to boast, that is not my style. Please note, I simultaneously gave a considerable consignment to REA (including a complete decent grade set of 1914 and 1915 Cracker Jacks plus other pricey items. At the same time, I gave another considerable consignment to LOTG (including a complete decent grade set of 1914 and 1915 Cracker Jacks plus other pricey items)….yes I had two complete sets. I also wanted to go with a third company, and when I reached out on the board with recommendations Aaron messaged me that he was a new company but could give me the one on one and dedicated personnel to help me move some excess collectibles. Now what I gave is by no means my entire collection and I have a lot of choice pieces left. As I mentioned before on this thread, I was young and hungry once and someone gave me a chance who had no reason to give me a chance. There were much much much more seasoned professionals than me, and I imagine more talented and educated than me, but I was given the chance, I ran with it, I proved myself and I kicked ass. Now today, maybe I am not as young, maybe not as hungry.....but I will never forget the opportunity I was given to shine.....and shine I did. So as many of you will call it stupid to give a startup AH this kind of a chance, I did it because I could relate. The stupid part was giving it to this specific startup...….who just ruined it for all other startups in the future as I wouldn't trust another startup again.

I hope this makes sense and people can understand where I was coming from and my intent...….again as stupid as it may sound.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Steve. Again, I'm not perfect but I believe in doing the right thing and doing right by people !!!