View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Default Sellers Beware: old-gum-man

Posted By: petecld

Scott,

I'm sorry but with all due respect you're out of line on this one. You have no right to imply this bidder, or any low fedback bidder won't pay in a public forum. Why? Because his feedback is "2"? His feedback is all positive - give him credit. When you joined ebay did you start off with a feedback of "200"? No - you, me, and everyone else started off with a zero. How does a new ebay user prove they are trustworthy if sellers like you keep cancelling their bids. Maybe your bidder WAS going to pay and you blew a sale? How do you know? Low feedback doesn't immediately mean you're a mooch, it means you're new. Nothing more. Until a person PROVES they aren't trustworthy.

I will admit, I get a little nervous when a new ebay user wins one of my auctions but I've never cancelled a bid. When someone doesn't pay for an auction of mine I do ban them. But I give people the benefit of the doubt and allow them to PROVE they aren't worth my time and trust.

Your complaint about the BIN is an ebay issue, not the bidders problem. I agree with you though that the BIN should stay in effect after just one person bids. If the seller wants the BIN to stay up they can keep it there by using a reserve or suggest a new policy to ebay.

Something to think about:
The 2 scams on ebay I know about where many people were ripped off were done so by sellers with HIGH feedback.