View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 07:56 PM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
NIH releases Covid health guidance. Christine Grady is the Chief of bioethics. She is also Anthony Fauci's wife. Think the pillow talk is strictly romantic, or a few guidelines are discussed?

If there is some rational argument these 2 people dont have ulterior motives, I'd like to hear it!
I am generally curious as to what possible ulterior motive you see here?

By way of example, my wife is a lawyer at a state regulatory agency and a few years back was the head of the division that had oversight of the industry I worked in and, consequently, the company I worked for. A company that had granted me stock-based compensation. Her actions could have an impact on my employer's stock price and, therefore, our finances. Clearly, this is a situation where she could have an ulterior motive to not take action in order to improve our marital balance sheet, so to speak.

But, Grady and Fauci are both employees of the federal government and are both engaged in working to improve public health. The fact that they may be knocking boots doesn't change that and I am struggling to see how the fact that they are married would lead to a situation where one of them could take action contrary to their employers mission in order to benefit the other. Can you explain?