View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022, 10:47 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig View Post
Bob you're pretty awesome! Your posts make learning about taxes, and these various scenarios, interesting
LOL

Not sure I've ever heard someone talk about this kind of stuff being interesting before. It can often be extremely complex, with an awful lot of gray areas though. Most people think tax law is pretty much black and white, but that is so far from the truth. In my case, I have the advantage of having been involved with so many different people and their tax situations over the last 4-5 decades that I can probably relate to and talk about almost anything people on here will ask about.

Hopefully at least a few members will get some answers to tax and/or estate related questions they may have in regards to their collections and activities. I apologize to those that may take offense at my "six walls of text" in trying to answer and explain different things. But if you take the time to read and follow what I'm saying, you'll quickly realize that real short and quick one or two line answers usually won't cut it, and can often end up giving the wrong or an incomplete answer to someone's question. Plus, I've always felt that the more someone knows about the true and complete background behind things, the better they can then understand and appreciate how they truly work.