View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Default Th..th..th..the Yankee's loooose

Posted By: Joe P.

In the beginning of every season:
While the New York Jints baseball fanaticos and their always despised rival Brooklyn Dodgers Bum fans be arguing, desputing, debating, nay - eyeball to eyeball hatred of one another as to which beloved team would take the National. ....
The very much disinterested in a National League race Yank fan, the pre Steinbrenner 1940's - 1950's up to very early '60's Yank fan, .... were only concerned in one thing, and one thing only.

"Who Are We Playing In October?"

The only thing that the Jints and Bum Fans had in common, was their overwhelming hatred of the smug, arrogant and putrid upstart fans from the junior league.

To them, losing to the Yanks in the WS was not the final answer.

"Wait Till Next Year!"

During a WS, the Big Apple was devided into two camps.
Those with, and those against.
No middle grounds, no fence sitters, No Prisoners.

I once worshipped the ground coming to a Bum fan.
Darkest day of my life, (and that included a war) was the last game of the 1955 series.

Now, I sit near an owner of a minor league team that was a Bum fan and played his stickball right outside of Ebbets Field.
I guess I've mellowed some, because now I'm glad that the Bums won in 1955.

The Brooklyn Dodger fans, (The best fans in baseball ever) deserved it for their overwhelming loyalty above and beyond the call of fandom.
They taught this Yank fan how to stand up during the frail years of the latter '60's.

The loyalty of the Jints and Bum fans were shafted in 1957, and this Yank fan misses them with a passion.

Who Are We Playing In October?