View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 04:47 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
The National seems to be transitioning to mostly modern cards, trade nights, breaks, etc,... so why not create separate Nationals in different locations for vintage, for modern, trade nights, etc,... The Dallas show has about 600 tables, so why not make that a modern National, since I've heard it is almost entirely modern cards.

There used to be a vintage only show up in New York state in the 1990's (?), where the promoter said nothing on dealer tables after 1976 or something like that. And, there used to be a "sports equipment" show in the 1990's in the Baltimore & Washington, DC areas (signs, bats, gloves, uniforms, pennants, etc,...) organized by Washington Senators collector & broadcaster Phil Wood.

Everyone has a different perspective on where the National should be and with a new promoter, it will be interesting to see where they have it in 2024 and 2025.
I would love it for there to be a strictly vintage show. I think it's a matter of who is going to front the money to organize and find a space for it. My biggest gripe with the National was the corporate nonsense coming from sponsors like Whatnot. I do not care about breakers in the slightest, I don't care about card influencers. I'm sure there are many collectors, dealers and hobbyists who feel the same.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.