View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 11:01 AM
D@n Di.Pao.la

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Int
Would possibly put the question of what really is most important to attendees at the National right up front for everyone. Is it the large size and easy layout of the exhibition floor, along with easy access and parking at the facility and proximity to the airport and freeways, or is it having all the amenities that one wants available within walking distance of the National facility so you have lots to do after the National is over every day?
Hi Bob...agreed...but it is different to different people. As it relates to CLE specifically (and most like other cities) for people going for a day or two...I think access/size/price would be more important...i.e., IX Center...but for those that consider this a mini vaca...possibly their one free pass for the year from their wives.....I would guess they'd rather be able to catch a "Guardians" game...hit the R&R HOF, grab some dinner at Mallorca...then spend a lot of money imbibing at Masthead And possibly for those crazy kids...hitting the Flats/W6 and soaking up their drinks with a late night panini.

CHI has kind of a similar.....yet larger experience on both ends.... there....but I think the public transportation makes it more appealing for some to stay in the city there.

I don't think parking would be much of an issue because many would be at the hotels or taking the train in from the airport...and those that need to park...so many lots within 1/2 mile are never full mid-week and never on the weekends.