View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 05:05 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
It was a nice auction but many of the same cards were in this as I see in others. Overall the prices were not as strong as I would have thought. Some cards surprised me like the 1915 CJ Joe Jackson poor (with the slight tear near his shoulders) sold for $15K higher than I thought.
On the other hand the Topps PSA 3 Mantle went for less than I thought and the poor condition 1 actually had a nicer look and sold strong.

Auction Fatigue and budget restraints slow many of us down on auctions. Think about it we just had a really nice Memory Lane Auction, we had a Goldin Auction, and a Heritage Auction all end in last week or So and now we have others started like Lelands and SCP.
I don't think the auction calendar was any more full this time a year than it has been in other times when we had one massive auction after another. In the last couple of years the appetite for cards has been unprecedented. Everything was selling and selling at strong prices.

I think the prices being down are a reflection of prices being down because there are either fewer buyers or fewer buyers feeling like they can or have to pay up. I don't think it suggests the market is tanking but it has definitely started to correct. Much more of a buyer's market then it has been in the last couple of years.