View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Default Who do you think deserves to be in the HOF!!

Posted By: Bob

Buck O'Neill, I didn't mention him because he is a no-brainer, definitely should be in for a multitude of reasons spelled out in prior posts. I forgot to mention Ed Reulbach who along with Phillippi deserve to be in long before Smokey Joe Wood who had one fabulous year as a pitcher and several average to above average years as an outfielder. Blyleven would be my #3 behind those 2 on the mound.
Bad Bill Dahlen and Turkey Mike Donlin deserve to be in but won't be because both were slightly incorrigible. They both, however, were far more pleasant than the Georgia Peach or a few others in the Hall and were stars of their era.
Tony Oliva and Andre Dawson should be in. Great ballplayers, who would have been nobrainers if not for knee injuries but still were sensational in their era and had they played in New York or anywhere but Minnesota or Montreal, would have been in long ago. Oliva was better than Puckett but all that media attention gave Kirby a huge boost that Tony O. and Andre never did.